Sumulong | Reaching For Tomorrow
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is Battle of the Bamboo 2022?
Battle of the Bamboo will be hosted on April 16, 2022.
- Where will the event be hosted?
Battle of the Bamboo will be hosted live and in person at 725 W Roosevelt Rd Chicago, IL in the Isadore and Sadie Dorin Forum
- Will there be a competitive portion to the event?
Yes. Battle Council has decided to return the competitive portion to the event for the 2022 Battle of the Bamboo.
- How many performers will be allowed to participate per organization?
This will be up to the discretion of each school’s coordinators to determine the amount of participants. We advise all schools to follow their campus, city, and state COVID-19 safety guidelines and prioritize safety for all contributors to their performance.
- Will masks be required during our performance?
Battle of the Bamboo will require all performers to wear a mask during the entirety of the event, performance included.
- Will vaccination status be required to participate?
On behalf of Battle Council, we are requiring all participants and audience members to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccinations will be checked the day of the event prior to entrance.
- Is there a performer fee?
For Battle of the Bamboo 2022, there will be a performer fee of $15 for both competitive and exhibition participants.
- When is the deadline to submit our application to perform?
The deadline to submit registration for performances is Monday, February 7, 2022.
- Will hotels be provided for out of state performers?
We will be sending the school representatives more information on nearby hotels closer to the event. It is up to the schools to reserve hotels for their performers. Battle of the Bamboo is not responsible for any payments regarding hotels.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact Principal Coordinators Ashley Yabes and Mia Catalla at email@example.com